Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Immune System In ASD (Actos, LDN, IVIG, Curcumin)



















Dr DeMio just finished a presentation about the role of the immune system in ASD. He covered the use of ACTOS, Low Dose Naltrexone, IVIG, and Curcumin.

Interesting stuff. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on this blog. I have tried quite a number of biomedical interventions, starting with epsom salts baths followed closely by the removal of gluten, and then casein, nine years ago. I've been careful to let the pediatrician know exactly what I was doing (I stayed away from chelation because she was not comfortable with it), and have worked with several mainstream and alternative medicine practitioners over the years.

My child is a responder - particularly to diet. If you haven't seen her eczema pictures, find the section of labels on the right side of my blog and click on "eczema".

I don't recommend dabbling in biomedical without the help of a doctor. There are enough doctors available now that families don't have to go it alone.

Back to Dr DeMio's presentation.

When he said that they're seeing curcumin having a calming effect on a lot of kids, my radar went way up. Note to self: research curcumin.

He said he's seen a lot of teenagers improve with IVIG. Very interesting. Maybe I should research that, too.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter