Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Math Mammoth, a TOS Crew Review

Math Mammoth offers affordable math workbooks and worktexts in both hard copy and downloadable formats.

I have reviewed several Math Mammoth products over the years and have gotten a couple more products in freebie offers. I've seen enough and used enough of Math Mammoth products that Math Mammoth is my priority go-to company when one of my children needs support in math. I like the fact that I can download a specific worktext immediately at an affordable price and go to work with it right then and there. I don't have to buy an entire math textbook or curriculum to work on one area. And while I can choose to purchase a printed product and wait for it to arrive, I don't have to with the downloadable options. Bottom line: Math Mammoth is convenient and saves me time and money.

Photobucket

This time around, I reviewed our first Make it Real Learning worktext:


Make it Real Learning is the kind of math we are moving to, are using more often at my house. This worktext uses word problems that take real-life objects and experiences to practice concepts of mathematics. This particular worktext, priced at just $$4.99, is geared for grades 3-6, which means we didn't use all of it yet, as my homeschooler is working close to grade 3 work.

"The Make It Real Learning Arithmetic I workbook focuses on real-world situations that may be effectively analyzed using arithmetic concepts such as addition, subtraction, estimation, division, bar graphs, and place value with large numbers."

Read about this worktext and what it covers here. A sample from this worktext is available here. Math Mammoth offers a packet of freebies here.

I like the real-life examples and the examples help me create other activities to cover the same concepts. Who doesn't love working with objects we can eat when we are finished with our math?

Math Mammoth's Maria Miller has a wonderful blog, here.

Read about my Crewmates' experiences with Math Mammoth products here.

Math Mammoth gave me a copy of Make It Real Learning (Arithmetic) to review. I was not paid for this review and am not obligated to provide a positive review.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter