Friday, November 27, 2015

Secure

When I was young enough to lie down on a pew on Sunday nights, I would lie on my back, maybe with my head in Mom or Dad's lap, and study this ceiling and the bullet lights and the stained glass while listening to the cadence of Brother Huffman's voice. I felt safe and secure there. I always hoped the bullet lights were secure to the ceiling, especially when I was directly under one of them.


John 10:28-29
and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
 Matthew 5:16 
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.




 "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world."

I am secure because of the sacrifice of Jesus The Christ. Being in the sanctuary of the church building of my youth reminds me of that security.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter