Sunday, December 18, 2022

Charcuterie Spreads

Y'all. I have a confession. I think I am the only one in the whole world who thinks this. I do not understand the popularity of the charcuterie board, spread, plate. There. I said it. Deli meat full of nitrates and nitrites, mostly pork, a variety of dry crackers, cheese cubes, olives, y'all, it is a sodium fest, too and (gasp)  I don't think that is attractive to serve. Yes, I'm in the  minority. I'm also Picky Penny. I don't like olives, don't care for most dips. I look at those big spreads and think, "That's a lot of work for something that is gonna send people home hungry."  I attended an event where the host did not have any butcher paper and improvised using solid red gift wrapping paper. Innovative. Actually very pretty. However, the grease from the deli pork pieces seeped onto the paper and it wasn't appetizing and I don't think the gift wrapping paper is food safe. Winter charcuterie boards are interesting with out of season fruit on board, again, not attractive or tasty.



1 comment:

nn said...

I'm not a fan of them either. I think they look unappetizing and it makes me nauseous to think about the food just sitting there uncovered.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter