Wednesday, June 8, 2011

ex·hil·a·ra·tion

At her twin brother's game tonight...

Li'l Bit saw the players' sibs playing together and asked me,
"Mom, how do I go talk to the girls?"
and I said,
"Let's go."

She played volleyball with them.

And a "hot-potato" type game that I did not quite understand.

Temps were hot.
When Li'l Bit felt a bit overwhelmed as the kids moved on to a third game, she returned to me, saying, "Mom, I really had fun playing!" And she made up a song about how she loves making new friends at the ballpark.

Exhilaration.
For her.
And for me, too.

Not for the guys, though.
They were losing the game when we left it. :(

Reflections on this night are HERE.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, Penny! That's wonderful!

(too bad the guys lost)

purple squirrel said...

It makes my heart sing to read this post, Penny!

(And I'll commiserate with the boys as well.... we have a losing by 1 run streak going on at the moment.... ;p )

Jean said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

momma24 said...

Praising God! Woohoo!

Bekah and Corey said...

What awesome news! I'm so happy for you both!

Marcia said...

I love this!! She's such a darling. :)

Tim @ Families Again said...

That just brought a smile to my face! YEA!

Unknown said...

Wonderful to hear! Enjoy your sweet little gift!

walking said...

Sweet!!!!!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter