Sunday, March 30, 2014

PATH: Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope

I attended an event that was organized to provide information about the transitions for adolescents and adults with disabilities. I've been in our 'new' state almost three years, and there are still opportunities that I don't know about. Resources, supports, opportunities are poorly advertised and communicated here compared to where we used to live.

Just in case you've never heard of this opportunity, allow me to introduce you to the PATH: Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope.

A quick google search yielded this description with photos:

The PATH is a planning tool for the future of an individual with a disability, facilitated by a team of two, attended by family, friends, teachers, professionals in that individual's life. Our county's ARC offers the PATH and I learned Saturday that middle school age or early high school age is not to early to complete one.

Interestingly, the local ARC web site does not mention the PATH. It is another one of those frustrating how-am-I-supposed-to-know-what-I-don't-know things.

I have to figure out when we can make this happen in 2014 around travel baseball, summer camps, football and marching band schedules.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter