Sunday, May 20, 2012

Greek Mythology

My homeschooler is suddenly interested in Greek Mythology. I recently bought her two books on the topic at the Scholastic warehouse sale. This weekend, I added to her collection, this time a coloring book from Dover and an audio recording by Jim Weiss.  We can color while listening to the story CD.  She has some auditory processing challenges and in the past has not liked to listen to stories.  This afternoon, she listened to two stories with me while coloring.  I am encouraged.  We continue to seek unique ways to do school here with a child on the autism spectrum who has a list of other "isms".

2 comments:

walking said...

Has she ever seen the D'Aulaire book on Greek myths? Pamela is enjoying Nathanial Hawthorne's Wonder Book more, but the language is higher level. She needs to live with a myth for 6 weeks rather than hop from one myth to another in a short period of time.

Rebekah said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from The Bright Side of Life (dimaitland.blogspot.com) where Di was just telling me that you have twins who are 13 today (the 25th). Di's son had a birthday today, as did my son (who has Asperger, who I homeschool). I'm a new follower & would love if you'd stop by at paintingwithpicasso.blogspot.com - have a great weekend & happy birthday to your kids!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter