Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Loss, Illness, and My Poor Neglected Blog

Where have I been?

I was called home not long after the last blog post went up.

I got a call from my sister that our dad was unresponsive and that Mom had called an ambulance. I headed  home. The 2.5 hour drive was longer than usual. When I arrived, Daddy was responsive, awake, and improving. However, over the course of the next three weeks, his condition declined, and late on August 26th, he took his last breath.

I arrived back in town at home with my husband and my children in time for a Labor Day holiday. Sick with a head and chest cold. A week later, I am still coughing, although I am feeling a lot better. And I am behind. Playing catch up. Trying to get back into the swing of things.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter