Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Grilled chicken breasts

From the recipe box

I used a variation of this recipe this week. This one is so old, I can't remember where I got it. Probably Bon Appetit magazine in the early '90's. Here is the recipe, exactly as it is written (I would not use the marinade to baste twice during grilling.) We have used different spices -- rosemary is good, too.

GRILLED CHICKEN
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf, crushed
4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned

Combine first 7 ingredients in a zip-top heavy duty plastic bag. Add chicken, and marinate for 20 minutes; remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium coals 8-10 minutes on each side, basting twice w/ marinade. Yield: 4 servings

PS from Penny: Baste w/ that marinade at your own risk, particulary toward the end of the grilling time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering!!!! I must try this, I get so tired of the same kind of chicken that I fix. :)

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter