Monday, July 19, 2010

"God Knows My Name" by Beth Redman

I have had my share of dark days since my child was diagnosed with autism nine years ago. The isolation of the parent of a child with autism can be depressing and lonely.

I am looking for someone who has walked a similar path of isolation, a someone who can encourage me.

Beth Redman does that in "God Knows My Name".

Redman is not an autism mom, but she knows what isolation is. She shares on page 89, "There have been so many times we have clung to both our sanity and our faith by our fingernails, but faith and trust in God Almight brought us through."

On a rough day with autism, I completely "get" that.

Redman reminds me in a relatable way of examples from her own life and Biblical examples that all of us have rough times, sometimes very rough and rocky times, and she reminds me, through scripture, that God indeed knows my name; He created me for a relationship with Him; and that I am not isolated and alone, that He is there with me, for me.

"God Knows My Name" comes with a study guide at the end, with a Bible reading, discussion questions, and a prayer. I think "God Knows My Name" would make an excellent study for a group of autism moms, although the discussion questions can be private journal questions, too, in an individual study. This book arrived at a good time for me. Thanks, Beth, for sharing your story and encouragement with me.

"God Knows My Name" is priced at $12.99, specially priced at CBD now for $9.99, and will be available in early August, 2010.


The B&B Media Group sent me a review copy of God Knows My Name, Never Forgotten, Forever Loved, by Beth Redman. I received no financial compensation for this review and am not obligated to provide a positive review.



No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter