Monday, July 12, 2010

Miscellany Monday

My double-ear infections improved during the seven-day course of antibiotics, but now that the antibiotics are finished, my ears are worsening. Time to call the doctor.

* * *

A couple of years ago, we bought new bedroom furniture for eldest and moved her "old" furniture (handmade, hand painted, beautiful) into little sister's room, replacing the plain twin bed (actually half a bunk bed) in little sister's room. Little sister is on the autism spectrum with language processing issues. In recent weeks, she's told me how she misses her old bed and how we upset her by changing her bed two years ago. I am amazed that she is able to tell me that information now, and sad that she was not able to express her upset two years ago when we were moving furniture around.

* * *
My son is confident that his baseball team will not only win sectionals, but state, as well, and get to play in a neighboring state at the national level. I love his confidence! ;)
* * *
My skating princess has not had ice time in a while. Illness and travel have had us missing several weeks of lessons. Last week, she asked, "When am I going to skate again?"
* * *
The increase of "autism" with illness still astounds me. When we treat the illness, the yeast, the allergies, the pain, the "autism" decreases. Why people fight a "cure" or "recovery" is beyond me; I do not understand that perspective at all.
* * *
When "autism" increases in my girl, finding the reason isn't always simple, but is always rewarding to see her feel better.
* * *
With a niece or nephew due at Christmastime, my family is already discussing Christmas plans. Gives me five months to think about how to get us 600 + miles south of here in time to be with my sibs, parents, aunt, uncle, grandmother.
* * *
A set-top interactivity problem has occurred. Please try again after a brief time. Comcast's definition of "brief" is very different from mine. We haven't been able to use On-Demand all weekend, much to the dismay of my younger daughter.

* * *
I pray that we find a church home for all of us, not just the NTs in my family, one that "gets" autism and food allergies and is ready for us.
* * *
Dust bunnies and laundry, I think, come from a Latin root word for "eternal" or "infinity".

1 comment:

krista said...

We are in Evanvsville Indiana. Anyone else out there? We have homeschooled our autie son before & may be thinking of doing so at least part time. Not at all happy with school placement here in a few weeks. Help. Moderate/severe, some verbal, academically 1st/2nd grade-still potential there, some behavior issues, age 16.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter