Thursday, July 21, 2011

Helpful Hint: Duck Tape

When my daughter was in public school, I was allowed to leave snacks at school that fit her gluten-free, dairy-free diet. Because there were other children with different dietary restrictions, I wanted to make sure that her food was not confused with any other student's food.

My solution? I wrapped a strip of bright red duck tape around every box of GFCF cookies or bag of chips or popcorn I sent in for her. I wrapped a strip of red duck tape around any cupcakes I brought to stash in the freezer at school as well. If the item did not have a strip of red duck tape on it, she wasn't allowed to have it.

Parents, you can use this tip at church and homeschool co-ops, too. Find your signature color of Duck Tape, buy several rolls of it, and tape a strip of it onto everything that your child may eat. In addition to bright colors, there are lots of patterns available, too.

I'm not sure how I came to 'like' the Duck Tape facebook page, but I'm glad I did. They post the cutest pictures. Today, they are showing off a pretty polka-dot Duck Tape, and that's what reminded me of my special use for red Duck Tape way back when. It's a tip worth passing along.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter