Sunday, May 3, 2009

Little Moments are Big Moments

little moments
are
big moments


My younger princess was outside today, playing.

I was watching her from just inside the house.

My older princess is cleaning her room, getting rid of clutter. She had four or five purses she wanted to get rid of. She brought them to me, asked which one(s) her little sister might like to have. I said, "I don't know, let's ask her."

I called to my younger princess, and called out, "Come here! I need to ask you something!"

and she replied, "About what?" (***!!!***)

"I want you to tell me which purse you like," I replied. She flew to the house to choose.

little moments

are

big moments

Friday, we went to visit a 4th grade Living History Museum, where my prince, my son, participated. Children were lined up in rows, each dressed like a historical figure, each prepared to recite a speech in first person as that figure. With so many children reciting at the same time, guests watching and talking, the atmosphere was loud, chaotic, crazy. I remember a time when we would not have been able to take my younger princess to an event like that because it would have overwhelmed her on many levels.

My princess amazed me. Even though *hearing* the speeches was impossible because of the din of too many students talking at once, she stood politely and pretended to listen to them, as I did, referencing facial expressions and body language to know when each speech was over. She needed no prompting from the outside to do this dance. She's learning the steps from the inside.

little moments
are
big moments

THE LIVING HISTORY MUSEUM:

little moments
are
big moments

1 comment:

walking said...

Bravo for the Little Moments!

The other thing I was thinking is that it is easy to miss the little moments unless you are being mindful about looking for them . . .

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter