Thursday, November 12, 2009

Edible Ornament Recipe that happens to be GFCF

I'm going to have to try this one. Click on the recipe to enlarge the photo.

From 1994 Southern Living Annual Recipes (from Oxmoor House), page 316.

Update: My homeschooled, skating princess and I made one recipe of the ornaments. We omitted food coloring and left the ornaments white. The dough is extremely thick and my hand mixer overheated. I'll use the stand mixer for the next round. The dough is thick and sticky, offering tactile and proprioceptive input as we rolled it out with a Tupperware glass for a rolling pin. The size of the cookie cutter matters and bigger is NOT better. I bought some Wilton brand holiday candy molds at a discount department store-- I want to see how this recipe works in the molds. I also want to try mint flavoring instead of vanilla or try a teaspoon or two of coconut flour in the dough. I wonder if we could paint the ornaments instead of coloring the dough?

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter