Saturday, April 24, 2010

BIG EARS - An opportunity

The arena where my skating princess skates presents Snow White this weekend. My daughter and I went to today's afternoon show, which lasted 2.5 hours. There were many talented skaters on the ice today, and we enjoyed the show (although my hind end is sore from sitting that long).
At intermission, my skating princess noticed an elderly man who'd been sitting near us. She told me, "He has big ears, just like a dwarf." And he did. His ears were similar to the oversized ears on the Dopey costume in the show today. I got a moment to chat with her about how we might notice big ears, but we don't say it because it might hurt the man's feelings. She told me, "Okay, I won't say it loud."

Having her right beside me provides great opportunities to learn about social niceties in context with her.

1 comment:

walking said...

"I won't say it loud." LOL

How funny. With ears like that though, even saying it quietly might not work either.

Thanks for the gut chuckle!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter