Saturday, January 15, 2011

Updates

I have always spent a lot of effort researching. I like to look ahead. I realized very early in our journey with autism that information, intervention, treatment, and resources are varied and abundant, and that I never wanted to wait until I needed a new intervention, approach, or resource before I began researching. I wanted to know enough about what is available that I would be able to change directions when I sensed the need to do so for my daughter.

Because I've looked at so many options, I have a good sized "bank" of possibilities in my mind, and, often, a parent will contact me to ask if I've seen any intervention or resource to work on a challenge or symptom they're seeing in their child. Most times, I can give them a direction to research; give them a short cut. I love doing that, saving a parent time, or giving them a direction to research. I love it when someone does the same for me.

That, my friend, is one of the reasons that I blog. To connect people with resources and resources with people.

I have been busy playing with products. I use the term "playing with" because using new educational resources, cookbooks, toys, jewelry is fun for me. And I try to keep what we do in our homeschool at a playful level. (Anything more than playful, moving toward "academic", shuts down my homeschooler in a snap.)

I have some really, really neat items to tell you about in the coming days and weeks.

Take a peek:

Teething Bling
Maestro Classics
Visual Perceptual Skill Building (Book 2)
The Kitchen Classroom
Blackbird Bakery Gluten Free
Kid Scoop
Potato Chip Science from Workman
Banana-Grams for Kids
Speekee
City Creek Times Tables and Addition.
Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary For Kids
Dig It Games
Dung Beetle from the Curiosity Files

I am waiting for Who is God? from Apologia and Reading Kingdom. And a review copy of More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes, too.

I am busy (can you tell by that list?). I am always amazed at what is available that I did not know about. There's always something new; something to use in our homeschool, in our play time, in the kitchen.

Stay tuned; maybe I can help you meet a "just-right" resource for your situation.

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

I agree. I love connecting people with resources that work for them. (Stopping by as part of the TOS Crew Blog Walk.)

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter