Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Greg Laurie: Let God Change Your Life

Pastor Greg Laurie brings us Let God Change Your Life, How to Know and Follow Jesus. The book is for anyone and everyone, believers and seekers alike, written in Laurie's down-to-earth and easy-to-follow style, about exactly what the title suggests.

I visited a church in recent months where I left the sermon frustrated that I didn't feel like I had anything to bring home with me to ponder and use in my day-to-day interactions. I still don't feel settled since our cross-country move in April. I feel disconnected from people and disconnected from God.

I view Greg Laurie as more of a teacher than a preacher, and his book teaches. Laurie's book is longer than a Sunday sermon and provides specific scriptures, "why bother", anecdotes, encouragement, and ideas for real-life application to believers, to seekers, to backsliding children.

After the introduction, Laurie divides the book into three sections Part One: How To Know God; Part Two: Discipleship; Part Three: Making Him Known; notes, and Bible resources.

Sometimes, Laurie's words are almost too challenging; he stretches me and grows me, and his words reveal my weaknesses as I read them. Other times, Laurie points out observations that I've noticed (some as a direct result of having a child with special needs) that I don't think a lot of people are aware of, and I appreciate the way he brings those observations into the light and challenges the way we think about God, church, the gospel. Pastor Laurie's words reach me at both the head level and the heart level, and I suspect that is exactly what he intended.

Let God Change Your Life is a 288 page paperback retail priced at $14.99.

Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus by Greg Laurie

David C Cook/June 2011

ISBN: 978-1434-70207-4/208 pages/paperback

www.greglaurie.com



The B&B Media Group sent me a review copy of Let God Change Your Life. I was not paid for this review and am not obligated to provide a positive review.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter