Friday, September 10, 2010

Week in Review (Sept 7-10)

Homeschool Week In Review

Here's a snapshot of our three-day school week (no formal school Monday or Thursday). I included live links in case you want to check out the resources that we're using.

I decided to chase an interest. For part of our reading this week, we read brochures from Holiday World. (Note to self: Consider a unit study on roller coasters). We added a few words to our sight-word vocabulary and definitions journal.

We are reading Knucklehead: Tall Tales and Almost True Stories About Growing Up Scieszka, by Jon Scieszka. Chapters are short, funny, and we identify with some of the experiences that Jon and his brothers had. (Note to self: Write a chapter from our family as an assignment.)

I unearthed Autumn Treasures to use more fully this time around. We used parts of it last year. Little Bit is ready for more of it this year.

I have been making an effort to discuss puberty and menstruation to my daughter, a little at a time, over time. Thanks to a Dot Girl First Period Kit, we took another opportunity to talk about a girl's period again this week. That's science and health ed.

I picked some random copywork from a Planner module. It was either a freebie with a purchase or a freebie in an e-mail blast. (Hint: TOS sends freebies in e-mails if you're on their e-mail list.)

My girl began Talking Fingers. I was tickled when I mentioned this one to our "autism" consultant and she told me she thinks it would be a good fit. She is familiar with it because they use it in her office.

Field trip: farm park. We saw quite a few animals: Hawks in the air, geese, ducks, pigs, sheep, goats, turkeys, several variety of chickens, quite a few varieites of rabbits, including an Angora that was getting groomed, peacocks.

Exercise: Wii; open skate; jump rope class.
Recreation Therapy; Music Therapy.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter