Friday, September 18, 2009

"When A Zeeder Met A Xyder"


One of my children sometimes expresses some frustration at not having any close friends who have siblings on the autism spectrum. Said child feels misunderstood and alone, a feeling, I suspect, that a lot of same-age peers experience, too.

I struggle with how individuals perceive my child who is on the autism spectrum. She's more like them than they recognize, I think.

I learned about a new-to-me book this morning on a blog I frequent. When a Zeeder Met a Xyder by Malachy Doyle-- It's a picture book for children, one to which I can relate in more than one way. Check it out HERE. (http://www.apple-egg.co.uk/journal/2009/9/18/when-a-zeeder-met-a-xyder-joel-stewart.html)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm going to recommend this book to a friend of mine. :)

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter