Friday, March 26, 2010

Charting the Course: Using Assessment to Navigate Choices in Autism

Dr Laurie Lundblad is a pediatric oncology nurse (or was, in a past life) and a PhD level psychologist and she's an autism mom. I've known her for almost nine years, but had never seen her present until today. She's fabulous.

This particular presentation is one that every parent needs to hear. It's one that has many golden nuggets inside that I probably would have missed in the early days of my daughter's diagnosis in my rush to try to intervene as much and fast as I could, and she says many of the things I needed to hear and understand back then but did not hear or understand.

I snapped some photos of my favorite slides from her presentation. For today, I'll let them speak for themselves. I may expand upon them here at a later date.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Penny for this post. It is mom's who are YOU that taught me how to chart a course!
Dr. Laurie

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter